Outside of work, I have these crazy extensive things-to-do lists, too, and I am just not feeling some of it.
Here's a doozy: I don't want to have a wedding party anymore. Short answer reason: my aunt. She has already asked me to 1. change the date, 2. change my budget (more more more!), 3. change the location. That bullsh is so wild to me, I just don't want to do it anymore. Really. It wasn't that important to me in the first place, but we wanted to do something nice for our families. I mean, that last sentence says it all. We aren't doing it for us. My aunt just helped me realize this faster. I can't tell you how awful I feel when my mind wanders to the subject of this wedding party. Am I supposed to feel this dreadful and alone? Having talked a little bit about it with ATM & even KMHD, the plan is to sit down with mum over a nice bowl of pho and ask her to help keep my aunt at bay. If she can't do it, then we have a major problem. ATM & I will have to come up with another plan that is more conducive to our stylings. It is so tempting to just ask Judge Kilgore to sign the papers and be done with it. Well, I still might order a wedding cake.
Not everything that I'm planning is completely dreadful. On the contrary, this weekend, we are hosting the return of TOFU HAPPENING. We used to do this "back in the day" @ Rice St. It was super good times, a time I look back on fondly. Basically, it was a pot luck with vegan/vegetarian food, really good music & some politics on the side. Anyway, that is this Sunday and I am so excited! We haven't hosted anything at our home since last Super Bowl. I've decked the halls (Note: need to get some mistletoe) and am working on decorations. A little neatening up and some crazy good dishes and voila! More good times!
Let's see, what other things am I working on...oh, yeah! The walking/training is going well. I'm really digging it. I'm going to add a different work-out to my routine, though. I'd like to regularly start swimming laps @ War Memorial Fitness Center. I am currently in the process of getting a new chlorine-resistant, streamlined swimsuit, a cap, some goggles, and books/dvds on the Total Immersion method. It's like the yoga/tai chi of swimming. Last night, Leigh & I did what...10 laps. In regards to myself, it was fine, but could be so much more efficient. If I learn the TI method, it will be more advantageous to my health and comfort as well. I'm really excited about this and since I've managed to make time for walking, I feel I can do the same for swimming, but just not as often. With bitter cold weather steadily approaching, it'd be nice to have an alternative on days that is just to unbearable to be outside.
Another project I'm attempting is to make a space for myself in our home. I really don't have any personal space in the house, it's all communal. It's becoming clear that the guest room will be occupied by ATM for some time, so I'm looking in our bedroom or the dining room to set up a little somethin somethin for M-E. It's taking longer than I care for because I'm looking for a desk. I'm hoping for some nice little antique/vintage number, but we haven't found anything that isn't ridiculously priced or just plain ugly to look at. I'm picky, too.
Ah, hell. Everything will be o.k. Here's an old funny photo of SOLO:

3 comments:
I'm so so sorry about the wedding planning woes. We ran into a few ourselves... and it sucked... I'd say STICK TO YOUR GUNS, IT'S YOUR DAY, but having been there, it's never that simple, and it's not *just* your day; it's your families' day, too, at least, that's how it worked with our families. Opinions out the wah-zoo! Tough decisions! Hurt feelings! Jim and I were "forced" to change our date, time, location, budget and guest list, so... I totally get it. Know this, it ALL works out. And it will be a day filled with love and joy - regardless of where/when/how it comes to be... BELIEVE.
Oh, and there's always some good advice on ESB:
http://www.eastsidebride.com/
Hope this helps. For now. xo.
I was going to blog about this, but here is a good as place as any...
ATM & I are not going to have a wedding party. This is actually good news in that we are old (you know what I mean) and we are pretty much established in our relationship. This isn't a transitional thing we are going through; we've already gone through it. In the end, we'd rather go traveling or have our kitchen redone than spend thousands of our own dollars on this dreadful event. I love weddings. I love OTHER people's weddings. I never really dreamed of my own & I know who I am these days and know that I will have no regrets.
That said, I will probably still get a wedding cake because YUMG!
Hooray for doing what YOU & ATM want! That takes guts, sister.
Cake & bubbly. Most definitely. CHEERS!
Post a Comment